We have tried to make our very popular boat better in every way we could while retaining all of its good qualities. We first laser-measured and modeled the existing classic hull. We then refined the shape to be smoother and faster with the same feel in the water. (It looks exactly the same on the rack next to an older boat). Finally, we retooled the boat above the water line to be stiffer, have wider tracks, get the feet wider and deeper in the footwell, and to support a modern wing rigger, all while maintaining as much of the look of the old boat as possible.
A boat that has 98% of the performance of the most expensive boats, yet is more durable and makes it easy to be a better rower. Our hull shape has proven fast and stable over 30 years and was refined in 2019. It is not the fastest shape for everyone, but many rowers are faster in our boat because it allows them to pull hard with comfort and without taking bad strokes. We have a tall strong washbox that will keep you dry, won’t break if you have to climb back into the boat, and can be carried on a car with the gunwales upside down on crossbars.
• 30% Kevlar®, 70% Intermediate Modulus woven Carbon construction.
• Honeycomb/Kevlar® I-Beam from the fin through half of the bow deck
• Infused Epoxy resin
• In-mold hard siloxane based paint
• Quick-release, bow-mounted wing rigger. Mounts by setting into the boat and tightening 2 bolts. (Optional stern wing and slightly lighter slow-release 4 bolt rigger mount)
• Rigger adjustable fore and aft, spread easliy adjusted 155 to 162 cm. Rigger height can go up or down 1 1/2” inch from the standard setting and will accommodate almost any size or shape rower for school or club use.
• Carl Douglas 34 inch tracks, 23 cm spacing is easy on the calves (other lengths optional).
• Dreher carbon seat, 2.4 cm risers, medium top, 120 mm spaced holes (options on the seat height and other tops with 130 and 160 mm spaced holes)
• H2Row Shoes directly mounted to the footboard. Mounted to be as low as possible in the boat with additional holes to move them higher. (optional clog, shoe mounting plate for quicker change, or any other brand of shoe/mounting system)